Sunday, April 28, 2013

Through Newborn Eyes

Today on my way to work, I experienced a phenomena called jamais vu. I was on the bus to work, and it felt off, as if I was on a new route that wouldn't take me to work. I couldn't recognize things I normally go past on my way to work. After a short bit of confusion, and a confirmation that I was indeed on the right bus, things started to feel better. Everything still felt new, but it wasn't confusing, anymore. Instead, it was beautiful. It was like I was looking at things through newborn eyes and like I was on an adventure. I was taken out of the repetition of daily life by a neurological trick. It let me see the beauty all around me and brightened my day. The world is beautiful. We just need to look around and see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment